Tuesday, October 29, 2013

While our children might take a nap on the tack trunk we swap a recipe or two! Ive told my family that if I Loved cooking as much as I love horses they would be a well fed bunch! I love horses more than cooking but love my kids too so I had to compromise! A quick easy recipe I always try- the good ones I keep! Butterscotch crackle is a favorite in the fall and works great as that special treat tucked away in their lunch bags for school. My husband loves it too so in that Im very lucky!

          Butterscotch Crackle
48 saltine crackers
12 oz butterscotch pieces
1 cup brown sugar ( packed)
2 full sticks of real butter
1/2 cup nuts( optional)
jelly roll pan

 Line the pan with foil ( spray foil with Pam) Spread crackers in one layer on foil . in medium saucepan melt butter and sugar and cook 3 minutes from first boil ( medium boil) stirring often. Pour butter sugar mixture over crackers and bake at 375 for 5 minutes-- Remove from oven and spread butterscotch pieces and smooth with knife as they melt. ---Put the pan in the refrigerator  for 2 - 3 hours. Remove and peel back foil and break into pieces with your hands. Easy and Yum!


1 comment: